The Church of St Peter and St Paul, Shropham
SHROPHAM is a parish 10 miles north of Thetford and 5 miles south-west from Attleborough, just a mile or so from the busy A11 trunk road.. The village was formerly a town of some importance. The church of St. Peter and St Paul is a plain building of flint with stone dressings, in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave, north aisle, square tower with 5 bells which were rehung in a new frame in 1901; the north aisle was restored in 1867 to the original design; the east window is partly filled with early Victorian stained glass.  One of many interesting features inside the church is the lectern with a revolving top, the Old Testament lesson can be set on one side and the New Testament on the other.

Mary Mann, claimed to be Norfolk’s answer to Thomas Hardy, lived in Shropham and was buried here in 1929.  Hear about her from the Radio 4 Women’s Hour and read about her at Literary Norfolk.
Click for map
For everyone, in the Benefice and elsewhere, who feels comfortable with the old Prayer Book, the Grade 1, medieval parish church of St. Peter & St. Paul, Shropham provides BCP services twice a month.
Click to go to the Shropham Village website